Frequently Asked Questions for Landscapering Services and COVID-19
- Can Farinacci Landscaping continue work under Governor DeWine’s and Amy Acton’s Stay At Home Order?
- Yes. Landscaping services are permitted under the health director’s amended Stay At Home Order effective April 6th 2020. The Order permits any businesses to continue work if they fall under the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) list of determined list of essential businesses. Landscaping falls under the CISA list.
- Why is Landscaping considered an essential business?
- Routine landscape maintenance and pesticide control mitigates many hazards to human health and threats to Ohio’s ecosystem such as flea, tick, mice and rat infestations, in addition to treating and preventing the growth poison ivy and oak.
- What are the safety precautions Farinacci Landscaping is taking? Please know Farinacci Landscaping is fully committed to the safety of our employees and residential and commercial customers. We are following CDC’s recommended guidelines:
- Practicing social distancing wherever possible;
- Encouraging employees to stay home if they do not feel well;
- Providing employees with hand sanitizer, soap & disinfectant wipes;
- Routinely sanitizing equipment and tools;
- Maintaining a small staff to prevent unnecessary exposure.
- Are you sure landscaping is considered essential? Yes, and a dispute has already been filed with the Ohio’s Dispute Resolution Commission and the Commission interpreted the Order in favor of many landscapers opinions, that our work is essential to the safety of residential and commercial buildings.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to us.